The Michigan GOP is upside-down.
This week, our most-read story was an opinion piece written by former Republican state Representative Susan Tabor, who says she is “distraught” by the extremism that has gripped her party. We appreciate her for sharing her insights, and for her bravery. It seems like many conservatives cannot bring themselves to speak out against what has become the Party of Trump. Thank you, Susan.
Here’s what else our readers were interested in this week:
10. “Workers at Michigan’s largest cannabis company voted to form a union”
9. “Sterling Heights students mock George Floyd’s death in racist video”
8. “Workers at a Michigan Chipotle formed the chain’s first union because of a ‘let them eat cake’ moment”
7. “Michigan GOP canvassers block abortion rights ballot initiative, citing spacing between words”
6. “This could be Detroit’s biggest Dally in the Alley yet”
5. “Michigan State Police locked up more than 3,000 people because of faulty marijuana tests, according to internal memo”
4. “Michigan lawmakers implore GOP House leader to investigate colleague’s role in election equipment scandal”
3. “You’ve been riding Detroit’s giant slide wrong all this time, Michigan DNR says”
2. “An entitled letter from Detroit’s suburbs”
1. “Opinion: The Michigan GOP is too extreme to govern”
Stay connected with Detroit Metro Times. Subscribe to our newsletters, and follow us on Google News, Apple News, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, or TikTok.