The Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency has issued new rules for medical marijuana certification:
• The patient application fee (for a two-year card) has been reduced from $60 to $40.
• The $25 caregiver criminal background check processing fee has been eliminated.
• The $10 fee has been eliminated for the following services: updating name or address on a registry card, add or remove a caregiver, and requesting a replacement card.
• The renewal period for patients has increased from 60 to 90 days.
• A provision is now in effect that authorizes patients to change the person designated to be in possession of the plants.
• Email is now included as a method by which the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP) may contact a patient, caregiver, or physician.MRA information can be found at michigan.gov/mmp.
It's a new era for marijuana in Michigan. Sign up for our weekly weed newsletter, delivered every Tuesday at 4:20 p.m.