Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Ouch! 3-year-old finds glass in her Wendy's burger

Posted By on Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 1:29 PM

click to enlarge (Disclaimer, this is a generic photo of a Wendy's sign, not the actual Wendy's in question) - MIKE MOZART/FLICKR
  • Mike Mozart/Flickr
  • (Disclaimer, this is a generic photo of a Wendy's sign, not the actual Wendy's in question)
A trip to a fast food spot is often considered a treat for youngsters, sometimes it's a reward for doing good.

In the case of a 3-year-old girl though, a stop at a local Wendy's for a burger proved to be a painful experience when her mother found pieces of glass in the wee one's mouth after biting into a burger.

WXYZ reports that the mother and child visited a Southgate Wendy's branch, owned by the Starboard Group, on Monday. As the child was eating, the mother heard an unusual crunching noise.

Police were called and a restaurant manager told authorities that glass had been broken in an area where the food is made, the TV station says.

Per a statement given to WXYZ, Starboard Group says: "This is an extremely unfortunate accident and we quickly investigated, it appears a light bulb may have broken during maintenance activity in the restaurant."

The girl is said to be recovering.


Tags: , , , ,

Best Things to Do In Detroit

Newsletters

Never miss a beat

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.