Nootropics, sometimes described as “cognitive enhancers” or “smart drugs,” originally referred to ingredients that meet specific criteria, including helping the learning process, improving memory, protecting the brain, enhancing natural cognition, and being non-toxic. However, the term has been used more loosely lately to describe any substance, natural or synthetic, that claims to boost brain function.
A new brand that boasts nootropic and adaptogenic ingredients seems to spring to market every other day now. However, there’s been a lot of controversy surrounding the use of nootropics and their purported efficacy, and the category as a whole remains opaque. Nootropics is a quickly growing but vast and unregulated category, so wading through a sea of brands without understanding how to differentiate between them is difficult.
Before you hit the purchase button for a product that promises you “limitless” abilities or benefits supported by pseudoscience, make sure you understand these important points about how to qualify the quality of nootropics supplements.
- Nootropics don’t and can’t make you smarter. What nootropics can do is help remove barriers that stop you from maximizing your own abilities.
- Nootropics are not a magic pill that helps you finally access “100% of your brain.” You already use close to 100% of your brain every day. However, nootropics can impact how your brain functions, including boosting focus, memory, motivation, and energy.
- Nootropics can be safe, but many are low quality. Like all supplements, nootropic supplements are unregulated by the FDA. Still, there are two key criteria you can use to evaluate the quality of a blend you are considering trying:
- The product should be produced in a cGMP facility, or one that adheres to the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations, which ensure appropriate design, monitoring, and control of a manufacturer’s processes and facilities.
- The product should be tested in a third party lab, meaning that an external lab has confirmed that the product’s ingredients are pure and do not include harmful or toxic ingredients.
- Nootropic ingredients are only the starting point. While the ingredients in a nootropic supplement supports the efficacy of the blend, even if two nootropic formulas have the same exact sets of ingredients, the ingredients’ quality and dosage can vary significantly and impact quality. Understanding the sourcing and dosage of ingredients in a blend is critical to ensuring you are taking a high quality product that can help you maximize your results.
- Nootropics are a powerful alternative for those who are not prescribed prescription stimulants or those who are looking for a safer option to them with no side effects, but they do not replace prescription stimulants. Nootropics impact the same neurotransmitters as stimulants but act as a gentle support to dopamine and norepinephrine, restoring them to natural highs, in contrast to prescription stimulants which force the presence of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain.
What’s the Best Nootropics Brand?
Nootropics are not one size fits all, and it’s important to tailor the blends you are taking to your brain chemistry and goals. The best approach to finding nootropics that work for you would be to source high quality ingredients and systematically test different combinations and dosages of them. However, this would be a lengthy and expensive process.
For those who don’t have time to waste and want the highest quality and best results as soon as possible, try Thesis. Thesis makes customized nootropic supplements that are the best supplements for focus, energy, clarity, and motivation.
Thesis Nootropics: Supplements Customized to Boost Your Brain Performance
Thesis Nootropics: Supplements Customized to Boost Your Brain Performance
Thesis owns the largest nootropics data set in the world and has worked with over five hundred thousand customers. Thesis compares you with this dataset to match you with the blends that have the highest probability of achieving your desired results. The products speak for themselves with over six thousand five star reviews.
- To start, you’ll take a quiz on Thesis’ website that asks questions related to your biological information, daily routines, general behavioral patterns and mood, alcohol and drug use, and cognitive and performance goals.
- After you receive your baseline results, you are directed to a Starter Kit that contains a recommendation for four blends.
- Once you receive your first box, you’ll test the formulas, one blend at a time, and track your results in a journal included in your box.
- At the end of the first month, you’ll have the option to provide feedback on your blends and optimize your order ahead of your next box.
Thesis currently offers blends targeted to: Energy Clarity, Logic, Creativity, and Motivation.
Here are five notable ingredients in Thesis nootropics:
- Ashwagandha. Extracted from Ashwagandha root, Ashwagandha regulates our body’s stress levels. Ashwagandha provides a calming effect and improves memory, attention, and neuroprotection.
- Ginseng. Found in GS15-4 Panax Ginseng, which is native to parts of Eastern Russia Northeast China, and the Korean Peninsula, Ginseng increases acetylcholine, which tied to learning and memory formation, and also helps the body adapt to stress, improves cellular energy production, and supports a healthy immune system.
- Zembrin. Found in the South African plant Sceletium Tortuosum, Zembrin has been shown to enhance mood, promote calm, and improve stress response and memory formation.
- Theacrine. Found in a plant related to the cacao tree and Chinese tea, Theacrine supports healthy cognitive function, motivation, and energy.
- Lion’s Mane. Mushrooms found in the United States and Canada, Lion’s Mane have been shown to boost cognitive function by improving both episodic and visual memory, as well as enhance mood, lower stress, and promote sleep.
Thesis offers the highest quality nootropics; all ingredients are “FDA safe” and proven effective based on clinical trials, all products are produced in a cGMP facility in the United States, and all formulas are rigorously tested in multi-step evaluations and are third party lab tested.
Thesis Nootropics: Are They Worth the Price?
At first glance, Thesis’ cost of $79 per month for a subscription membership seems high. However, Thesis represents a unique opportunity to experiment with over thirty high quality ingredients in a systematic way that would cost close to a thousand dollars and would take over six months to complete if you were to try to execute this process on your own.
In addition, Thesis is the only brand that offers a free coaching and education service from nootropics experts included in your subscription. You’ll receive ongoing access to nootropics experts, who are available to educate on topics ranging from the science behind nootropics to interactions with other supplements. Your coach will guide you on how to optimize your subscription based on the effects you are experiencing to ensure your Thesis blends are the most effective for you.
Thesis Nootropics: Try Customized Nootropics Risk Free
Thesis is so confident in its ability to help you achieve your goals that it offers free shipping on every order and a thirty day money back guarantee if the products don’t work for you, no questions asked.
If you have any questions about Thesis or whether nootropics are right for you, feel free to contact the Thesis team directly: [email protected].