As Michiganders, we've known for a long time that our fall colors are pretty special. But now we can brag that we've got the best fall colors in the nation.
The votes were counted and the results are in for "Best Destinations for Fall Foliage" in USA Today's Reader Choice Awards 2018
. Michigan's Upper Peninsula managed to beat out other colorful fall destinations like Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri and the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania.
Check below for USA Today reader's top ten picks:
1. Upper Peninsula - Michigan
2. Lake of the Ozarks - Missouri
3. Pocono Mountains - Pennsylvania
4. Door County - Wisconsin
5. North Conway & the White Mountains - New Hampshire
6. Fayetteville & the Ozark Mountain Region - Arkansas
7. The Berkshires - Massachusetts
8. The Catskills - New York
9. Black Hills & Badlands - South Dakota
10. Taos - New Mexico
As the weather gets chillier, the best of the fall colors
will soon be coming to an end. Make sure you head up north to catch them before they're gone!
Stay on top of Detroit news and views. Sign up for our weekly issue newsletter delivered each Wednesday.