Detroit's hottest restaurant is Parc

Share on Nextdoor
A fire occurred at downtown Detroit's Parc, a high-end restaurant in Campus Martius, Tuesday afternoon.

According to Parc owner Zaid Elia, a piece of wood caught on fire and then went up the flue, which made the fire appear "a thousand times more dramatic" than it actually was, he says.

Elia said the flue, which is a channel in a chimney that moves flames and smoke to the outside, worked effectively and minimized damage.

"The flue did its job because it contained the fire," Elia says.

Footage shows flames and smoke rising from the Parc, which is located near Shake Shack, Texas de Brazil, and the Meridian Health Plan building.

No one was hurt, and damage was minimal. Elia says the Parc is expected to be up and running again tomorrow.


Stay on top of Detroit news and views. Sign up for our weekly issue newsletter delivered each Wednesday.

About The Author

Lee DeVito

Leyland "Lee" DeVito grew up in the suburbs of Detroit, where he read Metro Times religiously due to teenaged-induced boredom. He became a contributing writer for Metro Times in 2009, and Editor in Chief in 2016. In addition to writing, he also supplies occasional illustrations. His writing has been published...
Scroll to read more Metro Detroit News articles

Newsletters

Join Detroit Metro Times Newsletters

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.