The Ambassador Bridge serves as a majestic backdrop for this week’s abandoned house at 734 Lansing on the city’s southwest side. The house, built in 1900, is one of five abandoned structures on the quaint street located between West Fort and the 4400 block of Fischer.
The trash and broken furniture that is usually found inside and around most abandoned homes is nowhere to be seen. Aside from the giant piece of particle board that covers the front door, a few missing shingles and a couple broken windows, the house doesn’t appear to be in such bad shape — especially for a place that has been around for more than 100 years. The property was assessed at only $8,850 last year. Attempts to reach the owner were unsuccessful.Send comments to [email protected]