Dead Heroes: Here Kirk Anderson, shouter of Motor City’s Dead Heroes (think ruffian refrains and spermatozoa riffs in Lemmy’s kickboots) mouths five things crowding his head this week:
5. Thee NFL The Lions may be mediocre but I now have a reason to roll out of bed on Sundays.
4. Detroit’s Resurgence This sounds funny but these big corporate events (i.e. Ryder Cup 2004, MLB All-Star Game 2005, Super Bowl 2006) may save many independent Detroit-area business owners who remain the foundation in and around this city.
3. Detroit Animal Cops Thank you for saving the innocent while convicting the mentally damned!
2. Motorhead Still recording, still touring … enough said!
1. Tuesday, Nov. 2, Election Day The day this country quits talking about the past and begins thinking about our future!
See Dead Heroes Sunday, Sept. 19, at Alvin’s (5756 Cass Ave., Detroit, 313-831-4577) with the Vibrators and the All New Lows.
Radio fever: Spins straight from the latest Hot Jam Zone on Radio Fever, the bitchin’ local music show that airs Saturdays, from 8 to 11 p.m., on 97.1WKRK-FM:
Bang Bang “Hell’s Where the Party’s At”
Demolition Dollrods “Get it On”
Saturday Looks Good to Me “The Girl’s Distracted”
The Hentchmen “Thief on Bicycle”
Cinecyde “Today the World Will Rock”
Troy Gregory “As Coroner I Must Aver”
RL Burnside “See What My Buddy Done”
2-star Tabernacle w/Andre Williams “Ramblin’ Man”
ABB (aka Aliccia
Berg-Bollig) “Radio Fever Theme Song” Send comments to [email protected]