click to enlarge
(Disclaimer, this is a generic photo of a Wendy's sign, not the actual Wendy's in question)
A trip to a fast food spot is often considered a treat for youngsters, sometimes it's a reward for doing good.
In the case of a 3-year-old girl though, a stop at a local Wendy's for a burger proved to be a painful experience when her mother found pieces of glass in the wee one's mouth after biting into a burger.
that the mother and child visited a Southgate Wendy's branch, owned by the Starboard Group, on Monday. As the child was eating, the mother heard an unusual crunching noise.
Police were called and a restaurant manager told authorities that glass had been broken in an area where the food is made, the TV station says.
Per a statement given to WXYZ, Starboard Group says: "This is an extremely unfortunate accident and we quickly investigated, it appears a light bulb may have broken during maintenance activity in the restaurant."
The girl is said to be recovering.