The fire started around 5:20 p.m., and firefighters appeared to have it contained to a vent running up the restaurant's exterior north wall by 5:40 p.m.
A commander on the scene told Metro Times that an investigation has to be conducted, but it appeared that there was a grease fire in the vent. There were no injuries, and the building likely only suffered smoke and water damage.
Aladdin is a staple in the Bangladeshi community, and well-loved by locals and the city's visitors. We'll update the story when we have more information.
So many restaurants, so little time. Find out the latest Detroit dining news with our weekly food newsletter delivered every Friday morning.