Top 10 Yoga Studios in metro Detroit
Scroll down to view images
1. Detroit Yoga Lab: Located in the heart of Midtown, Detroit Yoga Lab is the perfect studio for beginners or die-hard Yogis. They offer up to 30 different classes at all different types of levels. If youre new they also offer a 10 dollar charge for 10 days on unlimited yoga.
69 W Forest Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
Hours vary based on class schedule.
www.detroityogalab.com (Photo credit: Facebook Detroit Yoga Lab)
2. Bikram Yoga Midtown Detroit: Also located in Midtown, this studio prides itself in being Detroits only Bikram Yoga studio. If you are not familiar with yoga terms, bikram means hot, so you will definitely work up a sweat at this studio. They offer classes all throughout the day, and they have a new student special that is unlimited yoga for a month for $49.
55 W Canfield St, Detroit, MI 48201
Mon-Thurs- 8:00 AM- 11:00 PM
Fri-Sun- 11:00 AM- 11:00 PM (Photo credit: Instagram @msnikkic109)
3. Citizen Yoga: Citizen Yoga has two locations in Metro Detroit. One in downtown and another in Royal Oak. They offer classes at all different levels and styles of yoga. They even offer a prenatal class for future mamas!
Detroit Location:1224 Library St, Detroit, MI 48226
Royal Oak Location: 500 S Washington, Royal Oak, MI 48067
Hours vary based on class schedule. www.citizenyogastudio.com. (Photo credit: Instagram @mollgrune)
4. Yoga Shelter: The Yoga Shelter has six different locations throughout Metro Detroit: Birmingham, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, Rochester Hills, Southfield, and West Bloomfield. They have a great deal for beginning students for one month of classes for $29.
Birmingham: 379 S. Old Woodward, Birmingham, MI 48009
Grosse Pointe: 17000 Kercheval St, Grosse Pointe, MI 48230
Rochester Hills: 1910 S. Rochester Rd, Rochester Hills, MI
West Bloomfield: 6363 Orchard Lake Rd, West Bloomfield, MI
Royal Oak: 108 S. Main St, Royal Oak, MI
Southfield: 20300 Civic Center Dr #1118, Southfield, MI 48076
Hours vary based on location. www.yogashelter.com. (Photo credit: Facebook Yoga Shelter Royal Oak)
5. Santosha Yoga: If you live in Macomb County, Santosha is a great studio to hit up. They have classes for all different types of levels, and they offer Teacher Training, too. Check out their website too because they offer specialty workshops and fantastic hot classes. Your first week there is free, and then you can purchase packages or do walk-in classes.
48774 Gratiot Ave, Chesterfield, MI 48051
Hours vary on class schedule. www.santoshayogami.com. (Photo credit: Facebook Santosha Yoga)
6. Sattva Yoga Center: Located in Dearborn, Sattva offers classes in different levels based on a clients experience and willingness to try out Yoga. For new clients, your first class is $10 and a month unlimited is $77. They also have discounts for Seniors and Students.
835 Mason St, Dearborn, MI 48124
Mon-Fri: 7:00 AM- 8:30 PM
Sat: 8:00 AM- 11:00 AM
Sun: 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
www.satva-yoga-center.com. (Photo credit: Creative Commons user Joel Nilsson)
7. Intentional Yoga: Originally from Kalamazoo, this studio opened up a second location In Rochester Hills. They offer the same Hot Yoga classes that most studios do, but they also have a Gentle Yoga Therapy class for yogis who dont want too intense of a class.
1394 Walton Blvd, Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Hours vary on class schedule. www.intentionalyoga.com. (Photo credit: Facebook, Intentional Yoga)
8. Be Nice Yoga: Located in Detroit, Be Nice offers classes that are a lot smaller in class size so students get much more attention from instructors. The studio offers regular classes as well as workshops, guided meditation, mindbody seminars, and donation-bases community classes. Be Nice also offers a 10 days for $10 deal for new students.
4100 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
Sun-Sat 7:00 AM- 8:15 PM
www.yogaindetroit.com. (Photo credit: Instagram @beniceyoga)
9. Detroit Yoga: Located on Griswold Street, Detroit Yoga is in the heart of the city and a great place for beginners. Detroit Yoga prides itself with using quiet yoga in their classes- no loud pop music or noises. You have more time to reflect on yourself with your body and mind. And make sure you check out their Instagram account! They post daily with different poses to try out when you do your own personal practice.
1150 Griswold St, Detroit, MI 48226
Hours vary by class schedule
www.detroityoga.com. (Photo credit: Instagram @detroityoga)
Namaste Yoga: Namaste Yoga has a motto that you are your own guru. Meaning that their teachers are amazing and know how to instruct, but only you know you. If you want a more individualized yoga session, this studio is for you.
309 S Troy St, Royal Oak, MI 48067
Hours vary on class schedule
www.namaste-yoga.net. (Photo: Facebook - Namaste Yoga)