Native Signal played the New Way in Ferndale Saturday night, on a SummerFest bill with the likes of the awesome Electric Corpse and Cobra Frank. While watching, I learned a couple of things:
1. Matt from Electric Corpse is pretty good at pool, but he and his brother were still beaten by myself and my buddy.
2. Bruce, the sound guy at the New Way, is one of the funniest men in Detroit.
3. Native Signal are a pretty good, is slightly under-rehearsed, folkly country rock band.
4. The song “Frank Zappa” is awesome.
5. The fiddle is an under-used instrument in rock.
To be fair, Native Signal pride themselves on being laid back, chilled out, and just a band playing cool songs for their friends. That’s exactly what happened at the New Way.Follow @City_Slang