The Detroit Design Festival is accepting applications for the 5th annual event, slated to take place September 22 through 26. Each year, the fest highlights Detroit's creative class with events, performances, showcases, and other happenings.''
This year's event will feature the following:
- Industry Days, a 2-day design conference
- Independent Happenings, a series of user-generated and user-supported events and activities
- Design Village, a design marketplace along Detroit’s Dequindre Cut Greenway
- A Public Design Installation Competition with a $2,500 award
- Youth Day youth-oriented workshops, installations, and interactive experiences
Below, view a teaser video of last year's event: