Downtown Birmingham's former Palladium 12 theater, which closed its doors late last year, will reopen as the new Emagine Palladium on Oct. 2 according to a press release.
The reconfigured space will feature less seating, but will debut a new concept called "Platinum Membership":
Emagine Palladium has completely converted this former theatre from a typical movie theatre with 2,500 seats on 12 screens to a luxurious viewing experience with large custom designed recliner chairs in 5 screens with a limited seating capacity of 540 seats. With limited seating, this theatre has created the newest concept in movie going: Platinum Membership. While tickets will be available to non-members, four hours before showtime, Platinum Members will have priority access to tickets, dining reservations, and special events. Platinum Members will also enjoy “member pricing” on tickets and our gourmet concession stand.
Emagine will sell a limited number of Platinum Memberships for $350 per year. Here's what you get:
• Preferred seating rights (exclusively open for Platinum Members to purchase seats up to four hours before show time, at which point the show will become open to the public but Emagine reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to alter the four hour window if necessary).
• The exclusive right to book restaurant reservations at Ironwood Grill and to call ahead to reserve a place in line when there is a waiting list.
• $100 credit issued upon members first visit (valid at any Emagine theatre for movie tickets and all food and beverage items. Expires in one year.)
• The Platinum Membership will attach to a primary member, but all household members may attend with or without the primary member present. Platinum Membership covers one’s entire household / immediate family members.
• Platinum Members may bring up to 9 guests per visit for a total of 10 attendees at any one film (any household member).
• The primary Platinum Member receives both a free movie ticket on his/her birthday and a free entrée at the Ironwood Grill inside either Emagine Palladium or Emagine Royal Oak. (within Birthday Month)
• Inaugural Platinum Members are automatically enrolled in Emagine Extras including concession discounts at all Emagine theatres. Emagine Extras is a new loyalty program offering a variety of discounts and incentives for frequent customers.
• Reduced ticket prices on weekends and holidays.
• Unique loyalty login to website to purchase tickets and reserve seats online before non-members.
• Inaugural Platinum Memberships are locked in at $350 annual membership fee upon renewal.
Other improvements include power reclining seats, a full service cocktail bar, Coca-Cola Freestyle soda machines, and a full service restaurant operated by Plymouth’s renowned Ironwood Grill. According to the press release, the theater will create 50 jobs. The Emagine Palladium is located at 250 North Old Woodward Ave. in Birmingham.
Take a virtual tour of the new space below: