April 20, also known as "420 woooooo hooooooo fuck yeahhh!" day, is here. It's time for all of America to celebrate its deep and abiding love for marijuana. Marijuana has also been called herbal refreshment, clickem, nib, pot, tical, Buddha, ganja, bammer, chronic, MJ, burger, Thai stick, reefer, boo-yah, onion, pakalolo, skunk, sticky icky icky, choke, kill, dope, kind, dub, shwag, paca lolo, fatty, kind bud, woolies, smoke, and zombie.
Let's all get in the mood! Dim the lights, crank up your favorite video game console, add a little fresh water to your bong, get a brand-new black light for all of your black light posters, drop by the local dispensary, lay back, and crank all these songs as loud as you can, man. Wait, don't crank it too loud, though, bro. You don't want the neighbors calling the cops again. Is it still too loud? Wait, what's that, is it a knock at the door?
1) Muddy Waters, "Champagne & Reefer"
2) Black Sabbath, "Sweet Leaf"
3) Love Joys, "One Draw Sensimilla"
4) Ted Lucas, "It Is So Nice to Get Stoned"
5) Sidney Bechet with Noble Sissle's Swingsters, "Viper Mad"
6) New Riders of the Purple Sage, "Panama Red"
7) Kris Kristofferson, "Gettin' By, High and Strange"
8) Sleep, "Dopesmoker"
9) Devin the Dude, "Sticky Green"
10) Junior Murvin, "Bad Weed"
11) The Troggs, "Cousin Jane"
12) XTC, "Grass"
13) Ray Charles, "Let's Go Get Stoned"
14) Tom Petty, "You Don't Know How It Feels"
15) Kevin Ayers, "Stranger in Blue Suede Shoes"
16) The Beatles, "What's the New Mary Jane"
17) Cab Calloway, "Minnie the Moocher"
18) Peter, Paul and Mary, "Puff the Magic Dragon"
19) Electric Wizard, "Dopethrone"
20) Nick Drake, "Thoughts of Mary Jane"
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.