If you've got what it takes, we'd like to talk to you about working for Detroit Metro Times - the largest circulation, most-read weekly in metro Detroit.
Detroit Metro Times offers a progressive work environment along with competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance and 401k.
If you don't see a position currently open in your area of interest, you may forward your resumé and cover letter to one or more of the following departments (or send via snail-mail to Detroit Metro Times, 1200 Woodward Heights, Ferndale, MI 48220):
Detroit Metro Times is part of family owned media company, Euclid Media Group, formed in 2013. Euclid publishes the following alternatives: Orlando Weekly, Cleveland Scene, and the San Antonio Current.
Metro Times is a 24/7 multi-media and events company. We publish more than 50 magazines each year and keep Detroit up to date 24 hours a day with the hottest in local news, dining, arts & entertainment through metrotimes.com and all social channels. We also produce 10 major annual events and sponsor countless others through the year. We are all over town, all the time!
Metro Times is looking for BAD ASS SALES PROs who have a No-Holds-Barred approach to selling consultatively and collaboratively to a diverse, intriguing, and engaging group of clients multi-platform advertising solutions including Digital Advertising (email, banner advertising, social media, mobile, etc), Print advertising, Event Sponsorships, and glossy publications.
A Multi-Media Account Executive is responsible for:
• Prospecting: minimum of 20 leads per week
• Completing a minimum 125 outbound sales calls and securing and conducting a minimum of 12 outside appointments per week
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients – local retailers, bars & restaurants, agencies, & major accounts
• Communicate the benefits of our audience-based marketing solutions as they relate to each need and selling appropriate campaign
• Create, manage, and monitor advertising campaigns Requirements for a qualified Multi-Media Account Executive: Successful candidates will possess an outgoing, entrepreneurial, and assertive disposition; are driven to outperform goals and peers; resourceful; and are ready to work hard and play hard because that’s what we do!!
• Have 2-5 years of experience in outside B2B sales, retail, or service industry experience; media sales experience is preferred
• Solid understanding of the online marketing/advertising industry
• Proven history of meeting or exceeding revenue goals • Moderate proficiency with MS Office, PC, tablets, and smartphones
• Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance
• Some college, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Be very familiar with Scene, its websites, its events, and Detroit and surrounding area
Compensation: $50,000 is the average first year compensation; what you put in, is what you will get out. We want our executives to be successful, so we don’t put a cap on their earning potential.
• Casual, dynamic, and fun work environment
• Sales Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; 401K
• Generous paid time off to include your birthday and 20 days PTO after 4 years!
Interested and qualified candidates please submit resume with cover letter indicating salary requirements to: email@example.com
Deliver Metro Times every week! Metro Times' Circulation Department is looking for qualified independently contracted drivers with newspaper experience to deliver Metro Times on Wednesdays in metro-Detroit (including the city and several surrounding suburban areas). Must have a van or pick-up truck and valid driver's license and insurance. Positions available immediately. Please call Annie O’Brien, Circulation Director, at 313-202-8049, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detroit Metro Times is looking for an energetic, hard-working individual who is willing to push up their sleeves and pound the pavement, helping us promote our publication and events.
The basic expectations of the team is to promote through several different advertising outlets, such as social media, print, and word of mouth. The team will be held accountable for executing assigned promotional missions and tasks as given by the Street Team Ambassador.
Individuals applying for the position must possess strong communication and organization skills. The ideal candidates are outgoing, dedicated, trustworthy, hard-working, organized and perform well on a team. A flexible schedule is a must!
Working on the street team is a great way to gain valuable experience, build your resume, and serve your community with hands-on projects and cool events! If you feel that you are qualified and would be an asset to the team please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
Detroit Metro Times is currently seeking an energetic, hard-working individual with Marketing/Communications experience to head up its Street Team!
The primary responsibility of the team is to promote Metro Times events. Promoting will be done through several different advertising outlets, such as social media, print, and word of mouth. The team will be held accountable for executing assigned promotional missions, with the Ambassador heading up the team and making sure the assignments are being completed.
Individuals applying for the position must possess strong communication and organization skills. The ideal candidate is outgoing, dedicated, creative, trustworthy, organized and work well on a team, and has a flexible schedule.
Working on the street team is a great way to gain valuable experience, build your resume, and serve your community with hands-on projects! If you feel that you are qualified and would be an asset to the team please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours needed: 10-15 hrs per week. Hours are flexible. A commitment of twelve (12) weeks or more is required.
Mondays - 1pm-6pm
Tuesdays - 1pm-6pm
Fridays - 1pm-6pm
• Assisting in all aspects of the production process.
• Checking in ads to be worked on.
• Processing emailed artwork.
• Processing pick up ads and simple ad changes.
• Cross checking ad manifests to ensure accuracy.
• Upkeep & maintenance as directed of past issue library, ad archives, production server, and ad proofs folders.
• Ad design & production.
• Producing concepts for MT events, logos, promotions, in house creative material, etc.
• Taking part in group brainstorming sessions & critiques.
The ideal candidate for an MT production intern is a BFA candidate with the desire to learn about professional graphic design and the
production process of a weekly newspaper. The intern will learn to manage their time effectively and work within the deadline cycle. Talent and enthusiasm for art & graphic design is a must. Interns will receive art direction from the production manager, creative director and the other designers, but will also be expected to independently produce solutions to creative problems.
Proficiency in Adobe CS4 software, especially Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator
Excellent writing & verbal communication skills
Great work ethic and time management skills
HTML & web design skills a plus
The production department at the Metro Times is a fun and challenging work environment. It is the perfect place for a design student to learn, develop their portfolio, network with industry professionals, and develop new skills that they will carry with them throughout their career. This is an unpaid internship. Students MUST receive credit for this internship.
Please email resume, cover letter and samples for review to Kristin Borden at email@example.com.
Metro Times, needs creative, motivated interns for our editorial department. The day-to-day grunt work is unpaid, but they'll be paid for any of their stories we publish. If they're up to it, we'll even let them tackle a cover story. Send in a cover letter stating your interest in an editorial internship, along with a copy of your resume and three samples of your writing. We'd prefer samples of journalistic writing, but they don't have to be. Keep in mind, however, that we are a newspaper that prides itself on being in touch with the community. We want to see your writing about the world around you; navel-gazing ramblings belong in your diary, not in our paper. Writing should be crisp and insightful, with welcome dollops of humor and passion.Your resume must include at least three references; THEY WILL BE CHECKED. We'll contact you if we want you to come in for an interview. Our address is 1200 Woodward Hts., Ferndale, MI, 48220. Our office number is 313-961-4060; our fax number is 313-961-6598. Mark the materials to the attention of Michael Jackman. You can e-mail your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Editorial Interships, read our Editorial Intern FAQ's.
We offer about 10-15 internships a year, spread out over three trimesters.
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.